I Like Projects

Actually, I love projects!

I don’t like deadlines, per se but instead love the idea of a project.
However, a little clarification on just what sort of project makes me wild with anticipation…it is not just any project that puts me into a creative frenzy:

I enjoy the idea of spring cleaning a cupboard or closet or entire room but absolutely despise the act of doing so. The organizing of such “cleaning” is fun to me, detailing the game plan with pen and paper. But to actually perform the project is less than desirable.

I love the idea of redecorating my home room by room. Creating with pen and paper all the plans and adding color swatches and cut out pictures from old magazines to a book that I can look at and just create and imagine. But mine and the Hubs style is very different, so instead of fighting my way through that entire transition, I leave it the way it is.

Do you see the core of my creativity here – it requires PEN and PAPER, notsomuch physical labor of the sort. I love perusing paper stores, office supply stores, thrift stores, fabric stores, websites, and blogs – I love to see all the color and come up with ideas to create something fabulous of my own. I clip articles, I use random notepads and fill them with words, and I love pens – pens of varying colors and sizes of tips. I love to see display cases in stores that harbor lots of color and creativity in how they relay their message. I love to imagine. I love to try to put all the thoughts and colors that dance in my head to paper. I love to see the end results and I love the creation it takes to come up with the projects themselves.

With all that said, I am horrible about the production. I have grand illusions at times of a really fabulous idea and I can completely SEE the end result but I have the worst time putting it all together. It’s almost like I need a team of players who do nothing but wait for my next vision and then with the bang of the starting gun, are off to produce my creation! Yeah, right. Like that is going to happen anytime soon.

My newest flirtation is fabric. I want to learn how to sew. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be the next Vera Wang or anything. I just want to be able to stitch an apron or two, maybe a pillow or three, and I want to PRODUCE the one project that is still sitting in my head and driving me nuts because I know I can do it if I just put all my focus on it. That kind of stuff drives me nuts. When I know I can accomplish even the tiniest of projects but do not have the trained skill to do so on my own. This new flirtation I have…I am determined by October 1st to have conquered it. Mark my words. I mean it…this time. ; )

SO, I guess just stay tuned. This should be a fun trip, Ha!

Comments

  1. Oh, I do enjoy a good project, especially anything dealing with craftiness or home beautification! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?