The God Box

It is now the year Twenty-Eleven. This shall be the year for changes. Real, tangible changes.
Having joined the "unemployed" club in December 2010, January marks the reality of that and how it really affects my family, my home, my security. I have had some time to let it "sink in" so to speak, the resentment I have had about it seems to have subsided and instead I am looking at it as an opportunity to be at home with my boys and to start to really HEAL my little family of all the pain and hurt that has been so prevelant in the past 4 years.  Yes...I said FOUR YEARS!

I say goodbye to my bi-weekly therapist appointments (better known as lunch dates), and go it on my own.
I say goodbye to the security of what was once daily routine and hello to the unfamiliar charting of new waters. I know I won't sink...not in me to do that.  Swimming shall become my new favorite sport, no longer will I be worried about how to keep my head above the water.

With that said, I am going to take my mom and dad's words to heart more than I ever have before.
For as long as I can remember my mom has always told me to "offer it up" and my dad had always told me "this too shall pass".


So here is my God Box:

A simple heart shaped basket that contains 4 very dear items to my own heart:

1. My ID bracelet from the hospital when my first born entered my world
2. My ID bracelet from the hospital that I barely made it to to bring my second son into my world
3. The penny found at the head of my bed after having given birth to my second born (no doubt, my Dad)
and
4. A sterling silver bracelet from my husband...the first gift he ever gave me.

The Task:
Write down on a piece of paper any thought, any worry, any sentiment for myself, my family or my friends or even a complete stranger and place it into the box.

The Goal:
To completely and whole-heartedly "OFFER IT UP" to God. To ask for His divine grace and guidance and support to not give it another thought. To just succombe to the strength that He has bestowed upon me to begin with; to know that "THIS TOO SHALL PASS". If not for myself then for any other person conflicted or even for those overjoyed...to give gratitude for the happy.

The Belief:
This year I am going to light it up!
No looking back.
No remorse for what I haven't achieved (yet) or pity for the place that I am sitting in now.
There is way more to this life and I have no idea what HIS bigger plan is...not for me, not for anyone. But if I start to really offer it all back to Him and give thanks and praise for all that He has given me, true joy in my heart can only be my reward.

And really...isn't that the happy ever after we all are looking for.

what will be in your God Box this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?