*BREAKING NEWS ALERT*

This morning I stopped at the market to get some essentials for the office. Actually, it was just one essential: creamer… for the client’s coffee. Nevermind, the fridge contains probably at best count 10 different flavors of creamer that the staff uses. The client gets what he gets, and I suppose if he/she should ask for something “different” I would happily oblige, but for the most part they just get what they get. That’s the “service” experience in me. LOL

Anyway, I bumped into my neighbor, chatted it up briefly and then surprisingly met up at the same register to checkout. Actually, not so surprising as this market in particular is not necessarily known for its strategic scheduling of personnel at busy times of the day. Well, I guess in said store’s defense—maybe 7:30am isn’t such a hot shopping hour for most…maybe just me…and the neighbor, obviously.

While standing in the checkout line, this is the conversation that ensued: (bear in mind that without a graphic, this whole conversation would merely be an inside joke--poorly reconstructed for the sake of a blog entry. So, while the one I have displayed here is NOT the actual visual I had this morning…it shall suffice).
I think you get the picture...focus on the more youthful one of the two (no offense, it's true).

What are you looking at?
Oh nothing.
Nothing? Quite intense is that look you are giving “nothing”. Oh! I see now! Wow, would you look at that!
Stop.
Take a picture.
I can’t.
Why not?
I think it would be considered illegal of some sort, perhaps fall under some peeping tom law or something like that.
Only if she caught you…how do your sisters get away with it?
I don’t know.
Remember that one on your sister’s blog?
Which one?
Which sister or which blog?
Both...which blog? You read my sisters’ blogs???
The one from your mom’s garage sale.
Oh yeah, that one. Ha. LOL. No! I am pretty sure this photo op would have even the people standing around her cause for alarm. I am not taking her picture. Besides, I don’t have my camera with me.
Jealous?
Jealous? Me? Of what? NOOOOOOOO not at all.
That she can wear that and get away with it?
Humpf.
Well then why do you keep looking at her?
I’m not looking at her…I’m thinking in her direction.
Oh, I see. About what?
Just wondering if I missed the “Breaking News” alert this morning.
“Breaking News”??
Yeah, about the imminence of a natural disaster today.
WHAT?! What “natural disaster” would that be?
A FLOOD!
Awe, c’mon. Cut the girl a little slack. She’s wearing tights at least…no skin.
*Ahem* Are you serious? How about I cut her some more material to attach to that skirt.

Comments

  1. You should ALWAYS carry your camera with you! you could have just told her you liked her outfit and wanted to take a picture so you could get yourself one -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?