I Miss my camera!

It used to be that I would NEVER use a digital camera. There was no way I was going to get on that band wagon, I would remain true to my roots and the traditional was my camera of choice.

Then I had my first baby.

My “push” gift as it has become lovingly known as was a little elf…digital camera. I thought, ok this is good for the hospital but that is probably as far as it will go.

Sad to say, I am addicted.

I mean the instant gratification alone is amazing! Point, shoot, and view! Just like that! Then you download them to your site of choice for printing. You can have them delivered to your home or pick them up. You can play and futz to create something of a work of art. Something that ultimately is not at all what you were looking at…at all!

Don’t get me wrong. I do so love my little elf. But prior to this convenient way of capturing my world, I had a most beautiful Cannon that I had several different choices of lenses to play with. All I had to do was twist, remove, and add a new lens and viola! I could clearly capture the furthest object from my eye or crisply secure the closest bug on a leaf. Man, I miss that camera.

Where did it go, you ask?

It wasn’t an ill fate. No unfortunate incident. It works, just great as a matter of fact. I just lost the love for taking pics the old fashioned way. Yeah, I sold out. But listen, I can still use all the fun lenses I have for it…I just need a digital base, to satisfy the instant gratification in me. That’s all, just a new base. And just about $600.
However, I am starting to fall in love with this:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?