Refer to it as a reconnaissance mission.

Reconnaissance: active seeking to determine a foe's intentions by collecting and gathering information about an enemy's composition and capabilities along with pertinent environmental conditions, via direct observation, usually by scouts or military intelligence soldiers especially trained in critical surveillance.

I found a Hot Wheels car at the bottom of my toilet, a pacifier in the fish tank, the frosting licked off of 3 cupcakes that were sitting on the kitchen counter and dinosaur stickers plastered all over the face of the oven door. None of these items were in any of those places prior to my getting in the shower this morning. Granted, my shower may have gone 5minutes longer than the usual 4minutes total time; but seriously?

Since the eldest punk was still peacefully sleeping, my keen senses of process of elimination lead me to blame the youngest punk. I left him lying peacefully on my big bed watching The Dinosaur Train, trusting that he would stay put in that same spot while I was otherwise occupied. Man, that kid is stealth-like! He really flew under my radar this morning! I am raising a 19month old military operative, which leaves me no other choice but to fine tune my critical surveillance skills and ensure that I am always 5 steps ahead of the enemy’s game. Wish me luck…I’m going in.

Be advised, the next post may invoke a search and rescue mission…

That be to search and rescue ME!

Seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?