POW! KABAM! TAKE THAT!

This weekend I took on my evil twin’s exasperating trait of procrastination and let’s just say VICTORY was my new name!

Hubs and the boys and I set out for the Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning to see what we could see. We stumbled upon a fabulous flat of strawberries - the sweet and succulent Hood River kind, a couple cucumber plants, some kettle corn and I was allowed a moment to drool over some fabulous Hosta plants that I was coveting pretty badly. Enough was enough though, I had big plans for my day and so with my change purse clenched firmly in my hand, we left the quaint little market for home where visions of making strawberry jam danced in my head.

Hubs went to a car show and I and the boys clearly made haste in wasting our morning away. Drawing and playing cars mostly. Then off to a graduation party where energy was exhausted and social skills were practiced. We came home the boys napped, err-“rested” while I made some homemade BBQ sauce that promptly made its’ new home in a couple very cute jars for later use this summer and it wasn’t until long after the boys were tucked into bed for the night did I begin my jam making process - much easier process than I thought, but next year only a half a flat is necessary. It was late when I looked at my progress for the day, but before I could really marvel in my accomplishment…what was I ever going to do with all the leftover strawberries in my crate?

Hmmmm…

I had a dream…

Sunday morning hit like a rock hitting a windshield. Once we were all up and ready to begin our day (I think it was about 10am), I was into the process of making homemade strawberry ice cream! It had been a few years since I have made the sweet treat from scratch, who knew there were so many ways? I chose one of Rachael Ray’s and boy oh boy did it turn out to be a simply decadent strawberry treat! And this was all it took…I was now in the mood. I made some strawberry syrup and yet another batch of strawberry jam, and just as I was beginning to be all straw-berried out…I switched gears and made some monkey bread! Before I knew it, it was dinner, bath and off to bed. Not before sharing my last two pints of berries with the well deserving neighbor and a starting a couple loads of laundry. I think I nestled myself under my down comforter about 9:30pm and by 10…it was lights out mama!

What a weekend!

Yup, my evil twin’s exasperating trait of procrastination was fought and battle won!

Ta-Dah!

Now, what’s for dinner?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?