Achoo!


I think I have croup!

Is that even possible? at age 35?

I knew this cold would whip me as soon as I overheard my sister (to a fellow co-worker) say: "oh her, she doesn't get sick". As soon as I heard that, I was like "Great...now I will definitely not win this battle". And sure enough, I am sick. Not too bad though. It started with the sniffles, developed some snuffy nose syndrome and THEN, then turned into this upper respiratory inflamation thingey that woke me up out of a somewhat blissful slumber gasping for air. TWO TIMES!

I WAS guarding my immune system with Umcka. A potent little drug found only in the health food isle at the local grocer. Said sister named above pushes it on the side as a small business, I swear. LOL...I tease, it actually was working until I quit taking it. Why? Don't ask. I don't know why. I knew I wasn't in the clear with my symptoms, but that's me for ya. Almost always makes poor choices when it comes to matters of the heart, or my well-being that is.

Thank goodness Hubs found an inhaler this morning (I am not sure what purse I left mine in, but this one will do). Without it, I think I may have keeled over right there in the hallway from the bedroom to the shower, but of course not before I found "plugga" for AJ (the pacifier that we are ever so much closer to getting rid of for good). Priorities, right? I mean as a good mother I should take care of my son's needs prior to dying, right?

Unbelievable tightness in my chest, wow! But my inhaler did the trick. Now I sit in some pain in my back (I am sure do to the imflamation of my lungs), actually it just aches. Having gone through childbirth sans pain medication...nothing really "hurts" anymore (well I can think of a couple things, but that is entirely another blog).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brush with a celebrity (sorta)

Is It Hot In Here?